The warmer days are starting to come among us, so that means it’s time to prepare for opening your pool. Sometimes, the winter season can inflict some wear and tear on your pool. The three main types of materials used in the structure of swimming pools are vinyl, concrete, and fiberglass. Understanding which deterioration your pool is prone to will help you check for signs that you are in need of pool repair service.
Pool Repair Service for Different Materials
- Vinyl is used primarily in above ground pools. The liner can frequently be torn, if it is a small leak then it can usually be repaired, but bigger leaks can result in needing a new liner entirely.
- Concrete can develop cracks over time. While small cracks can be easily repaired, bigger cracks may result in need for some more major pool repair service.
- Fiberglass is prone to discoloration. An acid wash can help fix this issue.
Most of the signs that your pool needs pool repair service are easily overlooked, but this list should help simplify the question as to whether your pool needs it:
Signs that You Need Pool Repair Service
- Unexplained low water levels.
- Unusual noises, such as gargling can often be an indication of a leak.
- Broken tiles inside your pool, uneven or soft ground, and cracks surrounding your pool are often signs of a tear in the liner or a crack in the structure. The flowing water slowly washes away the surrounding earth, which causes the ground to slowly sink and deform.
- If the pump’s motor turns off on its own, or is making loud unsettling noises, this may be another indication you are in need of pool repair service.
- If the motor is sucking in air, this is an means there is an air leak in your pump (which is supposed to be airtight).
While some repairs can be an easy fix (such as minor patching in vinyl lining), it is usually best to get professional pool repair service company. They will be able to diagnose the issue and determine exactly what your pool needs. The longer you wait, the more expensive the repair could be. Some minor problems can become not so minor if left untreated.
Elite Lawn Sprinklers, Pools & Spas is a NJ pool repair service company that has been in business over 25 years. They serve many parts of New Jersey, including parts of Monmouth County, Middlesex County, & Ocean County. Some towns they serve include East Brunswick, Princeton, Somerset, Franklin Park, East Windsor, Holmdel, Manalapan, Old Bridge and many more. You can Contact them today by calling (732) 257-0702 or visiting the website.